Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NW Homecoming 2010

Last week was Homecoming/Spirit Week at NW. Now we all know that Max is always right there to participate in all activities...not matter what he has to wear...the boy is NOT shy! That is what makes Max...Max!


The first day was PJ day. Now one would think that the normal sleep pants would be good enough. Oh no...we had to get the Feet PJ's...you know the ones they wore when they were babies! Talk about impossible to find them big enough for them to wear now! Max's pj's were so tight he had to stretch it just to get it over the top of his shoulders. Thank goodness I snapped the photo before he left for school b/c I don't think they lasted long!

Erkel day/Nerd day was the next dress up day on the agenda. Now this wasn't the first time that Max has dressed up as Erkel. When he was in the 5th grade he watched that show Family Matters all the time and would walk around the house saying "did I do that"... so off to goodwill to find some suspenders..plaid pants and big glasses...As you can tell he pulled the NERD thing off! On a side note...when my mom and dad lived in Colby and my dad and his friend Rick would dress up as nerds for a Halloween party...they joked that my dad would just go to the closet and get his attire!

There was also a Breast Cancer Awareness Day (pretty cool I thought) and it was wear your pink day! We had to borrow the shorts and shirt thinking that was all pink but that wasn't enough for Max. We had to go in search of PINK TIGHTS....he wanted PINK SHOES also but couldn't find any. After XC practice that day he went to mow my mom's grass...still dress in pink minus the tights...and the neighbor asked...did he lose a bet? Love it! So glad he isn't afraid to get crazy and participate in those events...all a part of high school!
The final part of Homecoming was the dance. Max and Lauren looked so nice and they even made my day by coming by the house so I could take pictures. It was quick...but I am a happy camper that I got them! (Last year..no pictures..not a happy momma!) He looks so handsome if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment