Saturday, March 20, 2010

February Recap!




Well, I have done it again. I have neglected this blog so much that no one is probably even checking it anymore. If I still have some followers out there...thanks for not giving up on me. I have no excuse except....oh wait..I didn't have an excuse did I?

The month of February was very busy. It was filled with P/T Conferences, Valentine's Day (one of my favorite holidays) and oh yeah...I guess we also had a birthday.


I love Valentines Day and really always have. I love to watch Maddie decorate her box for school and then fill out her Valentines to share.







I was surprised with a great Valentine gift from Joe and the kids. They got me shutters for the house and even got them hung the same day! I think it makes a wonderful difference! Now ready for the landscape to bloom again!





We also had P/T Conferences at both schools. Yeah, it was pretty bad...LOL! As usual we were told they were both great kids and great leaders and very respectful. The respect I think is the most important! The only one complaint I got from teachers was that talking was a small problem. Now, you might be thinking that this problem came from the 4th grade teacher..OH NO...from all the freshman teachers. Maxwell Thomas was always my little socialite and he continues on to this day! I have told each one of his teachers that they have my permission to move him to the front of the class. When the teacher moved him to the front of the class b ack in 3rd grade (yes, see a trend), he told Grandpa that he was the teacher's favorite...Grandpa asked him why and he told him that he "gets" to sit right next to her! Only Maxwell!

February also added another year to my age..43 to be exact. I really don't feel any older than I did last year or even 5 years ago. Heck, I was lazy then and still feel the same. I had a great day except for having it fall on Ash Wednesday. Had to settle for Freddy's as they had fish for us and hamburgers for the kids. FYI...I wouldn't recommend the fish..just sayin! The dinner might have sucked but when we got home it was all forgotten! Joe and the kids once again spoiled me rotten! They surprised me with my very own laptop! Santa brought the family one a couple of years ago and it seemed like everyone was always fighting for it! I am guessing Joe's solution to that was get mom her own and let the kids fight it out! Good thinking dad! Granted the gifts were good but the best part of my day was spending it with family and friends! Of course there are no pictures to remember the day b/c after all it was the "picture takers" birthday! I really don't like my picture taken but think as I am getting older (wiser) that mayb I should start being in some of these photos...just so the kids won't forget what I look like!


February also brought an end to the basketball season in the Surmeier household. Max's team finished the season strong and took 2nd in the Hutch tourney! Not bad for being seeded 8th! They really started coming together and playing well. I will miss the basketball but am glad to start seeing Maxwell Thomas run with track already underway! Madison also finished up her season and she went out with quite a bang! Their last game they won 28-2 and Miss Mads had 14 of those points! Some of the opposing fans accused her of being a 5th grader! LOL! her team opted out of a "last" practice and chose to have a Mother/Daughter scrimmage. So I put on the old basketball shoes and tried to remember how I did this 25 years ago. I only took one tumble..my feet weren't moving as fast as my mind wanted them to! Now after playing that game maybe I do feel older!

No comments:

Post a Comment