Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!

It seems a lot of things have happened since my last post which has been a while which would also confirm that I did not keep my new year's resolution and posting regularly! Yeah..no excuse just hope you enjoy this post!!!


Maddie & Hannah enjoying their snow day! It was just luck that Han spent the night so when school was called off they were free to play and play and play! They spent most of the day in the house playing school (go figure) but got a bit of cabin fever and decided it was time to venture out! They bundled up and lasted about 30 minutes! They had fun making snow angels!

Maddie got a visit from her friends, Avery & McKenna, who used to live on our old block...but they didn't come from our old neighborhood. They came from California..no not just to visit us but we were so glad to get to see them. They moved at the end of 2009 so Maddie is extra glad we are gone from the "old" neighborhood as these girls played almost every nice day we had. Maddie misses them (& me too) but we plan to keep in touch with them for a long time to come!


This past weekend was a very BUSY for us. It started off with Madison's 4th grade Music program at school. It was supposed to be a Kansas Day celebration which was to be held on January 29th but Mother Nature had other plans and dumped snow on Wichita and school was cancelled. So they rescheduled for last Friday and they kids did a great job. They learned to square dance and Maddie had a speaking part. Well, not a planned speaking part. She had memorized one of the girl's part from her class and at the last minute that girl wasn't able to be there so she approached her music teacher and said she could do it! That she did...she did awesome. One of the other teachers also came up and told me that while she was square dancing she was the only one who was "shaking" it while she square danced! OMG!
Friday night we attended Max's game at North High (he is #30 boxing out!). All I have to say is they should of won...let it slip thru their hands....Max did play a great game and his rebounding is really improving! Not much more ball left then it is back to running!
Saturday morning was time for Maddie's game. She has done well. To be honest I really wasn't sure how she would do since she had never played any organized ball. In a game a couple of weeks ago, the ref you see in this picture, was also referring her game and she was defending the pass in from out of bounds and this ref stopped the game and told her that if she crossed over that line she would have to give her a technical. REALLY? A TECHNICAL? Yes, she was serious..she is something else. She also referred Max's games last year at Wilbur and she was equally as bad there! These are 3rd & 4th graders and I am all about teaching them the game but some of them don't even know what a T is!
What you are looking at is no, not pictures of some horrific disaster where a bomb exploded. NO...this is where I went this weekend for some therapeutic relaxation. You are probably saying...yeah right! But, really it is! I went to a weekend crop (scrapbooking retreat) and had a blast conversing with friends, trying to be creative and eating lots and lots of junk food! Oh Brother! The crop was held at the Best Western motel in Park City and I took this picture from just above the convention area. It really doesn't do it justice but gives you some idea of the "addiction" we ladies have!
This is a picture of my crop area. Believe it or not...I do know where everything is and actually got 29 pages done! (Far below my average..see below to know why!
This, along with the letter "M" for Maddie, "J" for Jackie & "C" for a baby gift for my mom is what took all of Friday night to complete. The above picture is for my new nephew Conner's room. These are big chipboard letters that I decorated. It was so much fun making these and definitely worth the time it took.
Winner Winner...Chicken Dinner &...Oh yeah...a weekend long crop!
My BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD won the ultimate prize. About 10 minutes before the raffle she went and bought 5 raffle tickets for a weekend crop for her and 11 friends at a house in Wichita that has been converted into a craft house. (No, not a crack house a craft house!) She screamed, I screamed...wow exciting. Now you might think I am just sucking up to her by saying that about her...no...she really is one of my best friends...a college roommate...so I really was never scared I wouldn't be invited...but a little sucking up never hurts! Congrats Jill...couldn't of happened to a better friend! (oh..there I go again! LOL!)

& there are my cropping "peeps"! We have been cropping together for about 5 years or so. We have a good time and tend to veer off the track of scrapping sometimes and act silly!

Just a random picture I found of the 3 Amigos! Darrell, Joe and Max at the Bronco/Chefs game in January. Yes, we actually drove all the way out there! Not sure when we will learn...we might be the "bad" luck! It was colder than a well diggers...well...let's just say it was cold. We had a good time and had a 1st for us...we actually left before the game was over. The Bronco's really sucked it up at the end of the season. Doesn't make us any less ready for next year!
AND finally....the most precious thing that happened this past weekend. Maddie asked her Daddy to take her to the Daddy/Daughter Dance. A couple of her friends were going and she thought it sounded like fun so she asked Joe. I told her there were a few ground rules before she could go...1) NO JEANS...2) NO PONYTAIL & 3) Yes..there would be the word "dress" would be involved! So off we went to Justice to find something we could agree on. 2 hours later this is what we walked out with and I might be a little bias but I think she looks adorable...(& that hunk of burning love is pretty handsome also :) Ok...so this whole time they are at the dance I am "cropping" away thinking of nothing else but those two and how special it was they went! After the dance I got call to report and Joe tells me..."I think we danced every dance" my response..."well she is MY daughter....he says "AND we shut the place down"....again...my response..."she IS my daughter!"..for those of you who know me...sounds just like me huh? I am so glad they have these memories of something very special!
The "official" portrait!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Thanks for filling us in! When I have a baby will you make his/her name with those letters too? Those are so so so neat!! The daddy/daughter dance sounds adorable :) Love the pictures. Keep updating!

    ReplyDelete