Thursday, November 18, 2010

Really....cherish the moments....

Still one of my favorite pictures...doing what he loves!










Two years ago today I have to say was the saddest day in my 43 years. Two years ago today my mom lost her best friend. Two years ago today I lost the man I looked up to. Two years ago today two kids lost the BEST Grandad EVER. Two years ago today our world was turned upside down but...

Even though everyday I am a little sad I sit and think..is that what he would want? No..he would want us to get up everyday...get our "game" face on and go out there and kick some butt in whatever it is we are doing that day! His profession might have been a Teacher/Coach to a bunch of kids but you know what...those "kids" have grown up and are some of the finest in what they do today because of what he taught them. I never had the privilege of sitting in one of his classrooms or gyms but I feel I got something way better! Yeah..growing up I might have not had those feelings..come on..he was a parent...but even though I was probably a snot nosed kid...I think I was listening to what he was saying and try to live the life he would be proud of and do the things he taught me..yeah dad I was listening!

So today...as sad as this day was 2 years ago...I am going to go out and make him proud today. I am going out today as Coach Bowen's daughter...just like I do everyday! Going to have a little Mexican food....going to have a Diet Coke (might even add some peanuts)...going to help Max with his project @ school...enjoying Maddie asking if she can wear a Colby t-shirt today in honor of him....going to just love life today because after all...isn't that what he REALLY taught us???

If you read this today and you knew my dad...remember something special about him! It may be cold outside but you can be guaranteed he is playing a round of golf today right after basketball practice!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's been 2 years...he will always be my favorite uncle. We love and miss you Uncle Tom!!!

    ReplyDelete