Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Roller Coaster of a Weekend!!!!

Here's Shelly opening all her gifts. What nice things she got!

Miss Maddie with her Student Council Campgain sign!


XC Star!!!

WOW! Didn't know I was still young enough to accomplish all that we did in one weekend! Friday I was supposed to get my hair colored, get my nails done and then clean house for the shower on Saturday. Well, plans changed! My mom's water heater broke and her basement was full of water. After cleaning that up (Thanks Bahr's), Maddie and I did a fast clean job at the house and went to the NW football game. Boy, it has been a long time since I have been to a high school game. It was a lot of fun! After the game we did another sweep of cleaning at home and called it good. Saturday morning we headed to Emopria to watch Maxwell Thomas run his first varisty XC meet. He did FANTASTIC! He set a freshman record for his time which is AWESOME! He ran the 5k in 18:43. He took 35 overall and place 3rd on the NW team. He "twicked" his ham and it was the first time Joe and I had ever seen him run in pain! Hopefully, it will heal but this Saturday. After getting home from Emopria, Mads and Joe headed to the Y for her VB game. They lost but heard she kicked butt with her serves. She has that overhand serve mastered. I should of gotten her in a club VB instead of the Y. Think it would of been better for her. Saturday was also Shelly's shower. We had a very nice turnout and she got lots of nice stuff. Some of which I was eyeing...I wish someone would have a shower for me! LOL! After the "hen" party as Joe likes to call them we headed for Biggins for the Bachelor/Bachelorette party. It was a fun time and I think B & S had a good time also! We had a late night but had lots of fun! Sunday was a day of rest...literally! We laid on the couch and watched football all day! Had to follow the Bronco game on the TV ticker and the internet. What a shocker...we won! This week is going good so far with not much planned...but do have a trip to Atchinson planned on Friday to go to Nell Hills. If you have never been there you must take a trip there sometime. Well worth the trip. We are also going to get to tour Mary Carroll's house. I will of course take my camera so hopefully I can post some pictures of her house! 2 weeks and counting till the big day! Wonder if I can lose any weight before then! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment