Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Fan Club!

Max...making his move!

Getting Congratulations from Nana!

OH YEAH...15th Place....17.49! Congrats!

Max has been kicking but in XC. Not sure the last meet that I reported on but this weekend is All City. He is running Varsity and I think as a freshman that is quite and honor. He has yet to break 18 minutes yet but has come soooo close. That is his goal on Saturday! The next weekend is Regionals at Dodge City then if they make it to State it will be in Lawrence at Rim Rock. He also went to Fall Homecoming at NW. Told me that EVERYONE was wearing jeans...Friday night he decides that EVERYONE isn't wearing jeans so we are shopping for slacks, tie, shirts...thank goodness he can wear Joe's shoes. He looked very handsome but unfortuately I have NO pictures. I know you are asking yourself...WTH....I was very disappointed that I didn't get them. You all know I live for that kind of thing. Some miscommunication but luckily some of the girls from the group got some. Not with just he and his dad but a group shot. Now how am I supposed to crop that? I have already informed him that Winter Homecoming I WILL get pictures!! Last Saturday he ran in El Dorado. It was FREEZING and was right by the lake. He ran 18.07 and did a good job. If I were a betting girl...i know i know...I would bet that this Saturday at All City he breaks that 18 minutes. He is determined. I do think he is going thru a growing spurt. Whatever the case we are SUPA proud of him! Good Luck Max!


UPDATE: I wrote the above obivously before the City meet but am VERY proud to report that Max did AWESOME at All City! He not only medaled...as a FRESHMAN....but he BROKE 18 minutes for the 5k. He ran a 17.49 and we are still beaming. He did it in front of a crowd also. My dad's brother and his family made the trip to Wichita to witness it. Of course all of the rest of us were there also! So..this weekend we are off to Dodge to the Regionals. Expect a report next week! WAY TO GO MAXWELL THOMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment