Monday, August 17, 2009

Yes...it's an update!


I know 2 months since a post. I have probably lost those 2 people who might of been following my blog but it's a new day and going to try and do better. Many many things have happened since the wedding post. We did close on our house the 24th of July. Our first night staying there was the 6th of August! I know. The short version...the day before we closed Star Lumber called me and said they needed to strip the kitchen floor and put the last coat on and we needed to stay off them for 7 days!!! Whatever! At 5 pm on the DAY we closed we went out and the painters had "touched" up the paint around the ceiling in the WHOLE house with the wrong color! So...we moved all our stuff into the garage and unpacked the kitchen and pretty much stopped! Well we got the floors done and the whole house repainted. We then proceeded to buy furniture and as of today are all moved in...NOT settled but moved in! I cannot believe that we started this venture the 30th of May (the day we put our house on the market) and as of today we are almost there! What a wild summer...more on that later...but it was fun as we bunked with my mom for 5 weeks..yes 2 weeks longer but with the above mentioned you can understand why! We had so much fun living there and think she might of enjoyed having us there. I am sure she didn't enjoy the kids leaving the TV's on and their drinking glasses on the end tables! A big shout out to Mom..THANK YOU....WE LOVE YOU!!! Here is a picture of the front of our house just after the sod was laid. BTW was very thankful when it was laid because I had had it with Oscar and his little muddy feet! If you are ever in the neighborhood make sure you stop in. Things are not quite done but we are getting there!

1 comment:

  1. I love the house! I cannot wait to see it and you all in a month! Hooray! Keep the pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete